Sweetlets Attends Ramp-up Transfer Knowledge Workshop for SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3
April 1, 2011
SAP hosted a workshop at their headquarters in Walldorf, Germany, March 28-30th designed for customers and partners who actively participated in the ramp-up phase for the upcoming 7.3 portal. And because Sweetlets was one of the first to get our hands on SAP’s new portal, this feedback session was a must attend for us.
The purpose of the Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer Workshop for SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 was to exchange key findings for those involved in the initial project. At the 3 day event, SAP summarized all the items learned since their beta launch and provided more insight on SAP’s vision for the new portal. It was a great opportunity for the tight-knit group of people in attendance to openly discussed items with SAP organizers and gain valuable insight from other participants.
Presented below is a quick overview of the workshop. These unofficial points are merely our take-away from the exclusive 3 day meeting and of no reflection on SAP’s opinion. For a full, more detailed description from our point of view, check out the blog posting here.
Quick Summary Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer Workshop for SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3
- Participants: 25-30 technically experienced customers and partners
- Biggest interests of participants: Monitoring features, support of business packages for ESS/MSS, content transport from 7.0 (especially applications and WPC or KM content)
- Agenda: Presentations, demos, hands-on, discussion, networking
- Speakers: SAP employees from Israel, Germany and Bulgaria
Workshop Content Summary
- Ramp-Up status
- System Landscape Recommendations
- AS Java
- NetWeaver Administrator
- New Portal Features
- Web Page Composer
- Content Sharing
- WebDynpro Java
- AJAX Framework
- Enterprise Workspaces
- System Update
- Technical details about required migration
- User Productivity Outlook
Full insight for the Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer Workshop on our blog posting here.
And for regular updates and details on NetWeaver 7.3 Portal, visit SAP’s page on the SDN. This section describes all new features, enhancements, and changes for SAP NetWeaver Portal.