For this procedure, you need to have
- system administration permission in the portal and
- you either need SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.30 (NWDS) installed or
- remote access to your SAP Portal server with administration rights
The portal application files that you need to migrate after an EPA import are listed in the import summary screen:
Migrate PAR files that were contained in the EPA using System Administration > Support > Par Migration Tool. Therefore, check the box Add files … from imported transport package and click on Migrate.
Follow the steps of the wizard to migrate and download the portal applications:
Download the EAR files and unzip them to a folder on the computer that you use for NWDS.
Now you have the choice to use NWDS for deployment of the EAR files or if you choose to use the AS Java Telnet command line tool from SAP running on the server.
How to use the AS Java Telnet command line tool:
- Remote login to your portal server and start the SAP Management Console.
- Choose the J2EE system on which you want to start Telnet.
- Navigate to the J2EE AS Java Process Table node.
- From the right-hand pane, select the ICM and select AS Java Telnet from the context menu. The J2EE Engine Telnet Administration Console opens.
- Enter a valid portal login to authenticate yourself.
- Execute the deploy command without an argument to switch the console to deployment mode.
- Execute the deploy command with path to the EAR location as an argument, along with version_rule=all as a parameter.
- Example: deploy com.sweetlets.pct.clickstream.ear version_rule=all
How to use the NWDS for deployment:
If an old version of the portal applications is installed on your portal, uninstall it first before deploying the new version using the deploy perspective of NWDS:
Now you can deploy the portal application files using NWDS:
You may also change your deployment strategy to always undeploy and version installed on the server.
For additional information, the SAP Community Network also provides some great insight into this procedure:
Please contact for any additional help.