Events Calendar 1.2 for the SAP Portal Gets a Boost!
July 15, 2010
The popularity for our SAP NetWeaver Portal Events Calendar application has been on the rise. Rapid growth is inevitable for this handy group calendar business package. Here are just some of the latest enhancements in the 1.2 release. Keep in mind some of these were as a result of client request.
- Performance boost using Ajax in front-end – Only the current month’s events will be loaded initially. If a user wants to see the previous or next month events, they will load upon request using Ajax.
- HTML Editor: Now you can personalize descriptions for get-togethers.
- Search filter in administration: Allows for easier maintenance on many events.
- ICS export for events
- Print button added to overview screen
A customer commented before the release, “It is pretty slick and fast already”, but we are always keen on improving. Speaking of which, future additions to this planning calendar tool include:
- Holiday export from R/3: If you are currently using the company holiday’s information in SAP R/3, stay tuned to be able to automatically extract this information and then easily import to Events Calendar?
- Recurring events: Also coming soon, the option to maintain reoccurring events within Events Calendar.
“The implementation of the Sweetlets applications (WorldTimes and Events Calendar) has transformed our homepage and we have received many positive comments from our employees.”
- Thomas Breant, Bombardier Transportation
And in case you missed it, we also wanted to mention the Events Calendar application can be used in a variety of ways – personalized for each individual area of your SAP Portal. For example, have a main planning calendar or team calendar designed specifically for your company page… then display a separate calendar created solely for your HR department or Finance group.