The Nielsen Norman Group recently announced the world’s 10 best intranets in their 12th annual design contest and Sweetlets very own customer, Scott’s Miracle-Gro Company earns a much-deserved spot high in the rankings.
Sweetlets has worked together with the IT crew at Scott’s Miracle-Gro over the years and can attest to the amount of dedication and effort they put into making their SAP NetWeaver Portal top notch for their employees. Continuous improvement and non-stop enrichment of social networking and personalization definitely pushed Scott’s winning intranet to new heights.
From the Wall Street Journal’s Market Watch:
“The 10 organizations with winning intranets are headquartered in four countries and have an average of 19,700 employees. In alphabetical order, the 2012 world’s 10 best intranets are:
- CenturyLink Business (United Stated) – Telecommunications company
- Everything Everywhere Limited (United Kingdom) – Communications company
- Genentech (US) – Biotechnology company
- LivePerson, Inc. (US) – Communications company
- Logica (UK) – Business and technology service company
- MAN Diesel & Turbo SE (Germany) – Provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications
- NCR Corporation (US) – Technology company
- The ScottsMiracle-Gro Company (US) – Marketer of branded consumer products for lawn and garden care
- Skanska (Sweden) – Project development and construction group
- Staples, Inc. (US) – Office products company”
A big congratulation from everyone here at Sweetlets to the IT crew over at Scott’s Miracle-Gro Company for making the cut. Great to see their hard work and unrelenting commitment get noticed.
Download the Nielsen Norman Group’s “Intranet Design Annual 2012: The Year’s 10 Best Intranets” from the Nielsen Norman Group website at http://www.nngroup.com/reports/intranet/design. And don’t forget to check out the case study of how Sweetlets’ very own voting app, Pretty Poll is used to further engage users within Scott’s Miracle-Gro’s SAP NW Portal.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products. They operate primarily in North America, along with businesses in Europe and Asia Pacific, and employ approximately 8,000 associates. The Company was founded in 1868 in Marysville, Ohio.
Scotts currently takes advantage of a wide variety of Sweetlets applications to improve associate productivity on The Garden’s home page. These business packages include World Times, Quick Links, Events Calendar and, Pretty Poll.
Scott’s Miracle-Gro Company case study with the Pretty Poll voting application
Comments are closed.